Cosmetic dental procedures are in great demand these days because they provide a sparkling and beautiful smile. There are various dental procedures that one can adopt to repair their dental issues. If you want to know about some of the common dental procedures, then you are at the right place. In this article, we will discuss various dental procedures in family dental care in Oak Lawn, IL, where you can find these services.
So, let’s begin our discussion about the top 5 common dental procedures and their benefits that you can avail by visiting the family dentistry.
What are the Top 5 Common Dental Procedures?
- Tooth Bleaching: It is one of the quickest and safest ways to clean your teeth. Tooth bleaching is one of the popular options for those who want to brighten their smile with less effort. Tooth whitening is effective, but it is wise to go for bleaching, which is suitable to clean your teeth in less time. There are also over-the-counter procedures that provide for bleaching facilities. Still, it is not always effective, and therefore, you should consult your doctor for a better understanding of your tooth requirements.
- Dental Veneers: Veneers are the thin shell of porcelain that fits the facial surface of the teeth. It is to cover your teeth, and it is customized as per your requirements. There is thin, soft porcelain that is customized as per the shape and size of the teeth. Veneers are helpful for those who have dark-stained teeth, and therefore, to overcome the discolored teeth, veneers provide a rescue.
- Enamel Bonding: Bonding is also a great procedure for people who have chipped and crooked teeth. There is bonding material that is similar to dental fillings, and the material is also moldable as per your teeth requirements. However, there is one drawback that people face in this enamel bonding is that it is not long-lasting, and therefore, people prefer veneers.
- Enamel Abrasion: This procedure helps in removing discoloration of the teeth. It is useful in removing stains from the teeth, which are the result of tobacco products, wine, soda, coffee, and other such drinks. This abrasion covers the external stains and helps you get back your brighter smile.
- Invisalign Braces: Braces are the best way to treat irregular and misaligned teeth. The traditional wires and braces were uncomfortable for people, and therefore, the Invisalign braces were the best solution. It is transparent, customized braces that will help you in treating misaligned teeth.